So you have your kit, what now?
- Set up a clean space to work with the templated canvas, paints, brushes, and a bowl of water.
- In order to prevent the paint from drying out and hardening the bristles, the brush needs to be rinsed after every use.
- If you bought a canvas with a frame, you can start painting immediately.
- If you decided on a canvas without the frame, you will need to stretch it out and secure it before you start painting because it will arrive rolled up.
Approaching the canvas:
We suggest, depending on your own preferences, that you:
- Begin with one colour and continue until you have painted all the required fields;
- or work your way from top to bottom.
The advantage to working from top to bottom is that you'll gradually witness your painting come together and you won't be smearing wet paint with your hand.
However, you may need to wash and switch out the brushes more frequently while using this method, so think about your approach and find what works best for you!
Paint here, there, and everywhere!
- Your set includes brushes in three sizes; use the smaller tips for smaller fields and bigger tips for the larger areas.
- Any numbers or outlines visible? Add another coat of colour; you have more than enough for each component.
- Did you use the incorrect colour? Let it dry before repainting it with the correct colour. The colours are quite opaque, so you won't notice anything afterwards.
- It is not necessary to mix the colours together. Each pot has the precise colour you need for your project.
- No need to water them down either. (But, if the paint is too thick, a few drops of water won't hurt).
Last points to ponder
- When you're through with painting, make sure to completely close the paint pots to keep them from drying out.
- Any paint that has run out or dried out? Don't worry, we have every colour available! Simply email us and request a replacement.
- When switching colours, don't forget to properly wash your brushes for a flawless finish.
- Furthermore, don't panic! For your convenience, we've supplied a paper template (or legend) for you to use. You should be able to determine what goes where by using it as a guide. And if you have any additional queries, please feel free to get in touch!
Enjoy your painting and let the fun begin!